Como is easily reachable by any means of transport, both public and private. It is located strategically and is near a wide range of alpine passages, important to go along the North – South route: the Novena, the S. Gottardo, the Lucomagno, the S. Bernardino, the Spluga and the Maloia. From South, Como is reachable in 20 – 30 minutes through the motorway or in 40 minutes by train from Milan.
From Milan Linate – Domestic Flights and Charters:
- FS: Bus n°73 to Piazza San Babila (underground station); Underground line from Piazza San Babila to Centrale; From Centrale to Como by train
- Ferrovie Nord: Bus n°73 to Piazza San Babila (underground station); Underground line from Piazza San Babila to Cadorna; From Cadorna to Como by train
- By car: tangenziale est to A4 – A8 to Varese – A9 to Como Chiasso
The distance is about 65 Km and it takes, by car, around 40 minutes.
From Milan Malpensa – International Flights:
- Ferrovie Nord: Malpensa Express to Milan, then change the train at Saronno Train Station and take the train to Como
- By car: follow the road to Lugano, Then take the motorway Lugano – Milan. The total distance is about 35km and it takes around 30 minutes.
The distance is about 60 Km and it takes, by car, around 35 minutes.
From Orio al Serio (Bergamo):
- FS: Bus to Milano Centrale; Train from Milano Centrale to Como
- FS: Bus from the airport to Bergamo Train Station; train to Como ( via Milano, Monza, Lecco)
- By Car: A4 to Turin, A8 to Varese, A9 to Como Chiasso
From Milano Centrale Station trains depart every hour.
The trains coming from Germany and Switzerland to Milano Centrale stop at Como San Giovanni Train Station.
A9 motorway Milano – Como – Chiasso